Friday, July 31, 2015

Favorite Finds Friday: Salt & Straw

I don't remember if Abbey (DIL) and I found this place on our own or if someone told Abbey about it. What I do know is that it's amazing! I'm talking about Salt & Straw! 


There are three Salt & Straw locations in Portland, OR. The one I've been to most often (maybe 3 times) is on NW 23rd. Twenty third is just a fun place anyway. It's loaded with tons of fun stops and restaurants. I got three new shirts this day! :)

I've been to the one on SE Division only once, and it seemed like a really fun neighborhood also. I've heard this area referred to as Restaurant Row. We drove pass a Mexican restaurant there that I would like to try. 

I haven't tried the 3rd location, but it's on NW Alberta.  I would like to someday because I bet it's in a fun, hip neighborhood as well. 

Abbey heard from a friend that they were going to open one in the Multnomah Village area, but we're thinking it was just a rumor. That would be dangerous since it's only 5 minutes from her house. As it is now, it takes some effort to get to one. 

There is a fourth location in Los Angeles, CA on N. Larchmont Blvd. If I'm ever in L.A.....

There's usually a pretty good size line, but it goes fast and everyone's in a good mood because they're at Salt & Straw. 


They also give out samples! We usually try 4 to 5 flavors before we make up our mind. So far the Sea Salt w/Caramel Ribbons is my favorite. They push the ice cream down into the cone (rather than just set a scoop on top), so you really get a lot of ice cream. If you want to try more than one flavor you can get a "split". It's the size of a regular, but you get 2 flavors. Or you could just get a double! That's what I did this time, but it was on accident. I forgot to say "split" and ended up with a double. Oh darn! I got the Sea Salt Caramel with NW Wild Berry Pie. It had chunks of pie crust in it. Yum! Abbey got the Sea Salt Caramel with Birthday Cake and Blackberries. It had chunks of cake in it. And Little Elijah Boy got the Sea Salt Caramel as well. The little cutie pie! :)




All their ice cream is handmade!


Each month they have seasonal flavors.

Do you see that bottle of caramel to drizzle over your ice cream?

I might have to get one of these some day! 

This first picture was our first attempt at a selfie of us with our ice cream. I didn't care for it because Abbey was hiding and I have too many chins, but it was the only one that kind of showed our ice cream cones. The second one is a much better picture, but no ice cream cones. Abbey said she told me that we didn't get the ice cream in the picture, but when I didn't say anything back she was like, ok, I guess I'll start eating! I probably didn't hear her because I wanted to start eating as well. I need a selfie stick!


I love how Elijah is looking up through his "eyes". (That's what he calls his sunglasses).  


Ok, I have a confession to make. These were the most expensive ice cream cones I will ever buy because I got a parking ticket! Sheesh! We tried to park on the street but it was too busy so I said lets just go to the pay to park lot. I forgot to pay! I didn't do it on purpose and I did pay when I got back, but I was suppose to put the ticket on my dashboard. FORTY FOUR DOLLARS!!! Abbey thinks I should fight it, but I just want to pay it and get if over with. IDK. 

Enjoy your summer!

Blessings,
Julie Wagner




No comments:

Post a Comment